Google+ Sidhe banshee: Birthday pie to my love

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Birthday pie to my love

I'm not talking about my cat!
No, no, i mean my bf!
In a couple of days is going to be his birthday and since we gave our birthday presents each others in June (we went to a gig and bought each other the tickets), i thought he needed, anyway, something special for his birthday!
We are going to have a dinner at friends home and they are making a yougurt cake for him, but he asked me a special cake, and so, even if i'm not good at all at cooking i did it for him.
BUT!
yeah there is a but...
He was making a pie, and he already had the pastafrolla (crust pastry? the one you use to make pies.
And since my cake, is more a pie.....
YES! I used the pastafrolla he had already done...ahahahah, yeah i'm a cheater!

Anyway, who follows me on tumblr, or twitter or instagram already saw all the steps.
I followed a random recipe found on the web, here we go:

Just roll the pastafrolla into the baking pan, riddle it with holes and put it in the oven to 180 degrees for 20/30 mins.
Meanwhile melt the dark chocolate in a bain-marie.

Mix the the cream with an egg until it get whipped.
Peel and cut the pears, let them in a plate with some sugar so they don't get yellow.
When 20/30 minutes has passe get the pastafrolla out of the oven and put the pieces of pears in it, then put it again in the oven for like 15 minutes.
Meanwhile mix the chocolate with the whipped cream.


And after the 15 minutes has passed put the chocolate whipped cream in the baking pot with the pears, put it again in the oven until it seems ready.

If you want to make it look better you can dust some icing sugar on the pie


Ingredients i used:
- pastafrolla
- one egg
- cream (for sweets/cake etc) 250g
- dark chocolate 100g
- icing sugar
- to make it more crunchy i smashed some savoiardi and put the crumbs in the chocolate cream.

I hope it tastes good, my bf is going to try it tomorrow for morning breakfast.

ENJOY! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment